So, What Will I Be Doing At Camp Maldives?
Project work will take place for 3 – 4 days straight with a minimum of 5 hours being expected. Outside of this, there is free time to do as you wish or get involved with the below activities that can take place at any time throughout your time on the island.
Airport Pickup and Transfer
You will arrive in Male International Airport before meeting our Camp Maldives team in the terminal who will give you a tradition Maldives greeting and transfer you to your new home for the next three weeks: Hoadedhoo.
To round off your orientation, we will give you a complete tour of the island! This consists of being shown all the hotspots for the best cuisine as well as the best beaches to go to visit and top up your tan!
The workshops begins the day after your orientation, so you are immersed within the island life with immediate effect. Delve into the traditions of the local community and help in beach clean ups.
Snorkeling And Fishing
The hundreds of atolls that are the Maldives is formed of the carbonate-rich rocks submerged beneath the warm waters surrounding the shores. Not only are these responsible for the beautiful white beaches but they are also a foundation of diverse sea-life. Amongst the corals, some of the most magnificent fish can be found, native only to the Maldives.
It’s going to be hard to leave this majestic paradise, we know that, so if you need to take a few more days here absorbing as much of it as possible we understand. Just let us know in advance when you are planning to return and we will arrange your return transport to the airport in Male ensuring you have no reason to concern yourself with planning after a month away…
- Pick up and airport transfer in Male.
- Accommodation in Hoadedhoo with breakfast, for your entire stay at Camp Maldives!
- Orientation in Hoadedhoo with introductory visit to community centres.
- Local transport throughout placement.
- Trip to Tinadhoo with island and beach tours.
- Multiple snorkelling trips
- Beach conservation project.
- Cultural experience workshops.
- Mangrove Reforestation program.
- Maldivian language and culture session.
- Island beach picnics and overnight island stay.
- Sand bank trip.
- An evening of cooking for the locals.
- Incredible farewell party!
- Departure transfer to airport in Male.
- Full support throughout program.
- Free Camp Maldives T-shirt.
What’s not included?
- Flights (book with our in-house flight team, Invasion Flights!)
- Personal Expenses (food, drink and living expenses).
- Vaccinations (most are free from the NHS).
- £48.86 DBS Criminal Background Check.
To take part, you must be aged 18+ and hold a valid DBS certificate, (Criminal background check completed by Camp Maldives).
Moreover, your passport must have a minimum of 6 months left from departure date.
Additionally, all applicants must be enthusiastic, friendly, good with children and excited for a new experience!